Monday, February 13, 2012

Life Skills

I'm bad at catching my typos in my blog. Somebody, perhaps my boyfriend, enjoys pointing this out to me.  So I apologize to all my grammar savvy friends for my lack off English writing skills. I'm working on it. Thus this blog to help me practice. I won't be annoyed with you if you comment and point these mistakes out to me. I do it to other people. Its a learning process. Let's learn together. 


Therefore I'm inspired to enlighten all of you on some lovely life skills.


Communication Oooh a comm major telling you why communication is important. Yes, communication is important. Yes, everybody does it. But, as most comm classes will tell you're not as good at communicating as you think you are. No one is. Anyways since not everyone reading this is a a lovely comm major like myself or trying to take over the world like myself, let's focus on some useful things to help communicate. First off, talk about your feelings bro! I have feelings, and I like to share them and for the most part. I think I'm pretty honest, and its a wonderful thing to be able to communicate all of that. Also, you should consider listening to be a great communication skill and understanding who you're talking to. See here I'm just shouting my nonsense at the internet, probably not the most effective way to communicate to you all. Oh well, I consider this mostly talking to myself anyways.


Be Prepared Boy Scout Motto "Always be prepared." Yes, you should be prepared. You know what I do to keep myself so prepared. I mean really prepared for anything? I play the "what if?" game with myself all the time. Especially at work because I'm a lifeguard so A. Its my job to be prepared and B. it can get really boring. So I just sit in my chair an look around and think to myself "what would I do if that old lady forgot how to swim?" or "How am I going to yell at that child if he decides to moon someone?" This kind of game applies to other things to. Like in lecture "What would I do if a terrorist ran into the classroom?" Probably hide under my desk, but you see my backpack is usually there so I would have to move that first, then hide under my desk, and the I could hide behind my backpack as well. Oh I should also call campus security while I'm hiding. Now I'm slightly prepared for such a situation. Which probably will never happen, and I'm not really expecting it to, I'm just ready for it.


Organization I'm just going to say that you should be organized because nobody likes to misplace or lose their stuff. Or forget things.


Kindness If you're not a nice person nobody is going to like you. So, you should be nice. So you can have friends and feel happy about yourself. Personally I just want to be a likable person. I believe I'm slightly nicer in real life. Sassy cat just has to get some sassy out.


Positivity This is going to help you be a live a happy life. I know it can be super hard sometimes. Try to surround yourself with good people, good attitudes, and work towards something. If your life has purpose and direction you are naturally going to become happier. College makes me happy because I'm so close to really achieving something I feel like. I know what job I want and I'm working on it. Set goals. Like trying to run a mile in 7 minutes or finishing a painting.


There is more I want to put in this but I forgot some of the life skills I was going to blog about. I'm might write more later. Who knows? I have homework and such to do and I've been lazy about blogging so I'm just going to post it. I know there is a random green "e" in here. I was going to fix it but I kinda like it. I should probably proof read more. Sorry for the typos!


Have a Good Day,
Sassy Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment